About Me

I'm a 50+ married woman raising three teenagers and working full time in a demanding profession. I've been sober for a bit more than half of the last five years and want to stay that way for life. I'm here for accountability, inspiration and a few laughs along the way. Come on in, let's talk!

Saturday, February 7, 2015

There is NO Shame or Stigma in Getting, Being and Staying Sober!

None whatsoever.  But there is plenty of shame and stigma in being drunk, hungover, irresponsible to our children, spouses and friends, and uncaring for ourselves.

That is all!  (channeling Miranda Priestly voice and demeanor :)).  Now off to the wedding, in ill-fitting out of date gown, tight shoes and carrying clutch bag borrowed from teenage daughter (decidedly NOT a Miranda Priestly look haha). With large go-cup of tonic water and my trusty i-phone (so I can read sober blogs, comments and email (sobrietyrising (at) gmail if you want to write, i'd love to hear from you!), and 110% determination to arrive home sober tonight.  

Have a great sober Saturday night!  And don't let anyone or anything make you feel shamed or stigmatized for choosing not to pour addictive, damaging poison into your body.

Hugs, 

SR      

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the wedding. Sorry I haven't been commenting. I get trapped in Wordpress and forget there is more out there.

    I love your comments. I'm happy you are back in sober land!

    Anne (Ainsobriety)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sounds like you're very sober-toolkitted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry got booted off. Sounds like you've planned well and yup no shame in being sober, quite the opposite! Hugs! X loving the Miranda references, she'd be 'tutting' at ill fitting.... :)

    ReplyDelete