About Me

I'm a 50+ married woman raising three teenagers and working full time in a demanding profession. I've been sober for a bit more than half of the last five years and want to stay that way for life. I'm here for accountability, inspiration and a few laughs along the way. Come on in, let's talk!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Habits & housekeeping

    Happy sober Sunday!!  I'm happy to be away from the Super Bowl crazy - euphemism for guzzlefest.  Not missing any of THAT.  

They say habits take three weeks to make and to break.  Not sure if that is 100% universal but it has some merit.  I'm close to a month of not drinking and it got a lot more habitual 2-3 weeks out to just pour a tonic or Pellegrino without thinking about it.  And I've been able to lay off the choco almonds a bit too (not altogether, no ma'am!).  And when I started drinking after long term sobriety, it took about three weeks to get all the way back to where I'd left off. So there may be a kernel of truth in that 3 week theory.  One thing that's absolutely true is that it gets exponentially easier to not drink each day that I don't.  I'm grateful for that and hope to avoid any more day 1s   Because that 2-3 weeks is not fun enough to learn what I already know:  there's no 2 glasses for me.  One's too many and will never be enough.  So none is best and keeps me happy and healthy.  I like that.  

On to housekeeping.  I started this blog with zero knowledge of blogging besides my extensive lurking history.  Turns out Blogger is kind of a clunker, who knew?  Some folks - a couplewhose blogs I am following -have emailed me to say they can't comment or have trouble getting to my blog.  When I get really ambitious and motivated, I may look into switching platforms.   Seems a bit daunting.  In the meantime, I wonder if it would help to start in the blog by just going to www.sobrietyrising.blogspot.com?  I don't know and I am regretful that I didn't start on Wordpress, but I love getting comments and communicating with my sober sisters.  So i hope  maybe this helps.  

 I don't have much else interesting to say tonight, except that I am so happy to be sober tonight, even with the world's worst head cold and the rest of the hood getting super bowl snockered!  I am not missing out on ANYTHING but I am experiencing everything.  

With a clear head and no hangover on the horizon.  

Be good to you!

Hugs,

SR












6 comments:

  1. Oh and remind me that posting from my iPad is just dumb and about as much fun as doing the dishes. All caps? Really? Oh well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear SR,
    I was wondering why you had all caps! LOL
    I am glad I have no trouble getting to your Blog!
    Happy almost month and hope you have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Keep trucking away girl! You are rocking this! and....I love blogger! It rocks.... It will get easier to figure out....just like this sobriety thing....
    Hugs!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. One is too many and will never be enough...YES! I'm still learning about blogging too and was wondering why you were YELLING...ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article,thanks a lot for sharing this useful post with us, keep it up
    thanku
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post thanks for sharing with us......
    Joshva

    ReplyDelete