About Me

I'm a 50+ married woman raising three teenagers and working full time in a demanding profession. I've been sober for a bit more than half of the last five years and want to stay that way for life. I'm here for accountability, inspiration and a few laughs along the way. Come on in, let's talk!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

No more dress rehearsals

Well, I'm back.  Regrettably not to report that 2015 was a stellar and 100% sober year - 2015 was overall pretty stellar, but the 100% sober part not so much.  Go figure - stellar life and still can't dehydrate the wolf.  I 'drifted' about 2.5 months in last year, and then more or less sunk into the lather, rinse, repeat cycle of pretend moderation that is simply not workable.

Day 7.  Trying again - third time hopefully will be the charm.  I want it to be the charm since I'm turning 55 this year and only have so many days left on this planet.  No more dress rehearsals, you know?  Gotta get it right in THIS life, this time around.

Not a lot else to add today that would make a lot of sense, but I'm here and I want to be here and be sober.  Working on making it a great day and a sober weekend.  Hope you are too!

Hugs,

SR  

4 comments:

  1. Dear SR,
    I am glad the rest of your year went well!
    I am glad you are trying again.
    xo
    Wendy


    ReplyDelete
  2. That lather, rinse repeat cycle is just so tiring.

    Welcome back. 55 is young! Lots of time to live free and sober!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I'll be 55 also this year...let's both meet it sober. ;)

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be 55 in 11 days. Perfect timing! I think the 50s are when you have the best chance to quit for good. ; )

    ReplyDelete